Every year, NALACS awards the best Master thesis written in a Dutch institution about a Latin American or Caribbean topic. If you have recently written your Master’s thesis on a Latin American or Caribbean topic while enrolled in a Dutch educational institution, send us your thesis before OCT 31st 2018 and you may receive an award and a cash prize of €250. To enter the competition and be eligible for the NALACS Thesis Award, the following conditions apply:
• Your thesis must have been completed between June 1, 2017 and September 1, 2018;
• Your thesis must have been written at a Dutch university or other academic institution located in the Netherlands;
• Your thesis must have been graded 8 or higher;
• Your thesis must be written in Dutch or English;
• Your thesis must be on a Latin American or Caribbean topic, in any discipline or area of knowledge.
Your thesis will be reviewed by a selected academic committee and assessed on the following criteria:
• Scientific quality and originality
• Writing style and structure of the thesis
• Societal relevance
To enter the competition, please fill in the form at https://goo.gl/forms/yiXCtoeilqw1WId02 and send a digital copy of your thesis to Letty Reimerink (email@example.com) before October 31, 2018 , mentioning ‘NALACS Thesis Award’ in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: OCTOBER 31, 2018
The award will be presented at a celebratory public NALACS event in late
March 2019 in Amsterdam. For any questions, please contact Letty Reimerink (firstname.lastname@example.org).